Property Management for Court of Protection
In the unfortunate event that a home needs to be sold to pay for assisted living or specialist care, the situation can be worsened if the home owner is no longer able to make such major decisions for themselves. At Court of Protection Solutions, we are a friendly, approachable team that provide a complete end-to-end service regarding the sale of such property. Working closely with both Power of Attorneys and Solicitors, we aim to make the process of managing property sales stress-free for every client. By combining professionalism with extensive expertise, we are able to deliver high quality customer service that can be relied upon.
We are committed to getting the best results for our clients, selling properties quickly and for the best possible price. With the ability to tailor our expertise to individual situations and requirements, we always make sure we aim for success. We understand the responsibility that deputies appointed by the Court of Protection and Power of Attorneys have for managing someone else’s affairs. We will always offer our knowledge and support throughout the process to ensure a hassle-free experience.
Court of Protection Services
- Providing a comprehensive property valuation report.
- Keeping contact with Solicitors, Deputies and Power of Attorneys, providing frequent updates and expert advice.
- Conducting regular inspections of vacant properties and organising essential maintenance work and insurance.
- Working with high quality, local estate agents to provide the best trading opportunity for every property.
- Carefully checking property chain details and financially qualifying every offer.
- Allocating a Sales Progressor to keep all parties regularly updated throughout the process and keeping to the appropriate timescales.
Court of Protection Advice
- We offer a choice of payment options with no tie-in period, giving you flexibility and control, knowing that you are in safe hands.
- We have extensive experience handling every aspect of the property sales process.
- We are efficient and responsible with fee earning time for solicitors and accurately conduct due diligence for each case.
- We are committed to achieving the best results for our clients, selling properties for the best possible price within the timescale.
- We take the stress and worry out of property for both Deputies and Solicitors, with dedicated individuals handling your case from start to finish, supplying expert and honest advice.
- Our main priority is to provide professional support for our clients throughout the property selling process; we always discuss updates with our clients over the phone, offering an approachable customer-facing service.
We have access to a network of contractors across the UK that are available to perform tasks required to take care of Court of Protection property and get it ready to be sold or rented.
All the costs associated with these services will be discussed and agreed before anything takes place, allowing you to control exactly how much is spent on preparing the property for market. Above all, we are here to help you with what you need.
Vacant property insurance, changing locks, ensuring appliances are switched off, windows are closed and sheds and garages are locked
Value and sell any vehicles, garden tools or DIY equipment and safely dispose of any chemicals, paints or stored fuel
From the mandatory EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) to Tree Risk Assessment, we can arrange any survey required
Property & Garden Maintenance
Clean windows, mow lawns, trim plants, pick up post or litter and generally keep the property in a marketable condition at all times
Refresh walls and woodwork, refit kitchens and bathrooms, replace boilers – as much or as little as requested
We can arrange for the house contents including valuables to be appraised and subsequently removed and sold, donated or disposed of as preferred including fine art and jewellery
We are a friendly, approach company that provides a complete end-to-end service to help sell a property who’s owner is no longer physically or mentally able to live there.
We are pleased to provide this report which provides an accurate, honest and realistic opinion of the likely sale value of the probate property detailed on the cover page.